NCCEFT CODE OF CONDUCT
NCCEFT is a non-profit professional organization dedicated to building and expanding the EFT community in Northern California. NCCEFT maintains a professional listserv, holds quarterly meetings and provides EFT-related training events to support skill-building and competence in the practice of EFT and to facilitate communication, connection and resource-sharing among Northern California EFT clinicians. At NCCEFT-sponsored events and on the listserv, members are expected to participate at all times in the spirit of curiosity, open-mindednessand inclusion, in order to ensure a collaborative, supportive and professional environment free of intimidation, hostility or discrimination, where all are treated with dignity and respect.
By checking the corresponding box in your profile (NCCEFT Code of Conduct) you acknowledge you have read, understood and agree to follow all expectations included in the preceding NCCEFT Code of Conduct
Violation of any of the expectations laid out in this Code of Conduct may result in your being asked to leave the training immediately and may further result in being denied attendance at future NCCEFT events. NCCEFT reserves the right to bar any person who violates the NCCEFT Code of Conduct from attending the remainder of the training at which the violation was committed (in its entirety or in part) without refund, and/or to deny the person who violates the NCCEFT Code of Conduct access to any and all future NCCEFT training events and the NCCEFT listserv.
Your signature below indicates you have read, understood and agree to follow all expectations included in the preceding NCCEFT Code of Conduct.
CODE OF CONDUCT FOR ATTENDING NCCEFT EVENTS AND PARTICIPATING IN THE NCCEFT GROUP LISTSERV
Code of Conduct: Our Principles
NCCEFT is dedicated to supporting the development of EFT clinicians and increasing access for clients to high quality EFT therapy. To this end we ask that members sign a code of conduct offer members a group listserv, a variety of networking and educational events including quarterly meetings etc. Etc.
At events, on the listserv and in interactions between NCCEFT staff and members, we strive to treat people with dignity, decency, and respect, and to build a professional community free of intimidation, discrimination, or hostility for all members, regardless of gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, nationality, origin, race, ethnicity, religion, age, disability, or physical appearance. We do not tolerate harassment in any form as described in item II, below.
This Code of Conduct embodies our commitment to uphold these principles and outlines our expectations and our response. We also hope that this policy will promote values of dignity, decency, and respect, and will enable each of us to contribute to a safe and inclusive shared space.
What represents a violation of the NCCEFT Code of Conduct?
NCCEFT prohibits harassment, including sexual harassment, of any kind. Harassment is any verbal, nonverbal, or physical conduct designed to threaten, intimidate, silence, or coerce. Harassment includes but is not limited to:
- Offensive or unwelcome comments, including epithets, slurs, negative stereotyping, and discriminatory remarks disguised as humor, based on gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, religion, age, disability, or physical appearance;
- Distribution, display, or discussion of written or graphic material that ridicules, insults, or shows hostility or disrespect toward an individual or group because of gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, religion, age, disability, or physical appearance;
- Deliberate “outing” of any aspect of a person’s identity without their consent;
- Deliberate misgendering or use of rejected names;
- Intimidation or silencing, including sustained and deliberate disruption of discussion;
- Threats of violence or incitement of violence, including encouraging a person to commit suicide or to engage in self-harm;
- Stalking or following, including repeated one-on-one communication despite requests to cease, unwanted photography or recording, and tracking and logging online activity without consent;
- Failure to safeguard confidential or privately shared information, including publication of private communication without consent;
- Unwelcome sexual attention, including innuendoes, suggestive comments, jokes of a sexual nature, sexual propositions, lewd remarks and obscene gestures, and requests for sexual favors (including repeated and unwelcome requests for dates);
- Distribution, display, or discussion of any sexually suggestive written or graphic material, including emails, photos, text messages, and tweets, that is gratuitous, off-topic, or shows hostility or disrespect toward an individual or group;
- Unwelcome physical contact including inappropriate touching, tickling, pinching, petting, brushing up against, hugging, cornering, kissing, fondling, and forced sexual intercourse or assault.
How to contact us about a violation of the Code of Conduct: If you witness or experience another member violating this Code of Conduct, or simply have concerns, please contact us as soon as possible. You may:
Contact us in person at the event: You can reach out to the current Chair, Laura Firestone and or Sam Jinich. We will work to ensure your safety, and privacy.
Contact us via email during or after the event: You can share your concerns via email to the current Chair, Laura Firestone at Laura@LauraFirestone.com and or Sam Jinich email@example.com
How NCCEFT may respond to violations of this code of conduct:
We will make every effort to respond with sensitivity and respect, and we encourage you to share the information in any way that makes you feel comfortable, including bringing someone along to support you when you contact us.
Actions we may take:
In the moment to address the situation
To evaluate and understand the events of concern
Actions taken to prevent the recurrence of violations of the code of conduct (banning/temporarily suspending attendance at events etc.)